Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Social Distancing Part 12

March 31 - Tuesday

And out of March we go...

Today I found out what it's like to work from home. I wore one of my "work shirts" today. That made it feel more like being at work, for me. There was a Zoom meeting at 8AM, and we worked on learning targets for our students. It took a bit of kvetching, but once we got down to the work of it, I think we did all right.

After that, I worked through my list of Advisory students, for the third time. I think today was the hardest to get hold of some of them, but I did, finally, talk to all of them. It's nice because it is basically an up-beat conversation. They get to hear a friendly voice, and so do I.

Then there was a department meeting, also on Zoom. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep the bandwidth for that one, but I managed. Good thing voice takes less than pictures, because I could hear what was said, even if the pictures were frozen. Nice to see my department people, too.

So now, I need to make room for a school office. I think the kitchen table will work, and I will have a place to keep records, and "be at work" for office hours, etc. I am thinking about what to put behind me, on the wall, that will be pretty, or interesting, but not too busy...

I also had time to make cauliflower soup, and some ranch dressing for dipping. Salsa and ranch (or blue cheese) dressing is so yummy on a salad or as a dip for veggies. Potato chips are a veggie, right?

I got some sewing done. I've been working on some masks to donate. Here's a sample:

mask for donation
What else? Walking done. Working done. I think I'm done, for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment