Friday, March 20, 2020

Social Distancing part 5

March 20, 2020

I have been having a little trouble falling asleep at night. Raine came and told me she was too. We talked about it a bit, how even though being at home shouldn't be stressful per se, the reason we're at home brings some stress into our lives. We talked about how getting up late every morning might lead to not being ready to sleep at your usual time, so getting up earlier might help us be ready to sleep when we went to bed. We talked about exercise, and making our bodies tired so they were ready for sleep as well. She came up with some options for her, and I came up with some for me. It was a good talk, and reassuring for both of us, I think. That whole you're not in this alone thing.

Raine is a teenager now, and not so much in need of "Mom Moments," but I treasure them. Letting her pick music while we are in the car, whether I'm driving or she is. Really loving the moment the other day when we pulled in at the house but neither of us was ready to stop singing along with the music that was playing. I love the person that is my daughter, the adult she is becoming, the kiddo that she was.

I talked to one of my friends a bit over the past few days, and I wonder that she isn't spending more time at home. She seems not to have changed her life much at all during this social distancing time, and I wonder if perhaps, being retired, and somewhat socially distanced in the first place, she hasn't noticed as much change around her. I worry a little as she seems to become ill sort of easily, but then I have to reflect on my own actions. I am definitely doing more at home, but I've been to Sam's. We've eaten out, and done the take-out thing, as well. Am I judging her by the same standards I am judging my own actions? Probably not. I feel in some ways I should respect her choices, which are often not mine, as much as I would like her to respect my choices, which are often not hers. But there are moments I worry about her. (As I worry about many of the people I know.)

Anyway, I caught up on an episode of a few shows I like (I am NOT in the binge watching camp.), I did very little grading, although I have enough now to be feeling like I should have entered my grades by now. Tomorrow, tomorrow I will. I got some sewing in! Got some pairs of Ron's pants ready for him to wear. I've been working on a button down shirt for my brother, and now, all I have left to do are the button holes and buttons. The same for a kid shirt that I'm working on to donate. I have another shirt for Carl cut out, and a pair of pants for me. I also have some fabric waiting to be cut out. I think I'll get through the projects already in the pipeline before I cut out more. Oh, yeah, and I have some pieces ready to sew into quilt squares, a project that has been set aside for a couple of years now, but my fingers are itching to touch it again.

I walked again today, and took Kaliegh, my dog, with me. She gets happy to go for a walk, and since she has anxiety issues, I feel like the exercise does her good. One of my neighbors had his kettle corn set-up out in his driveway, and running, selling some curbside service kettle corn, in case anyone is jonesing for some. There are also people moving into the house next door to me, which has been empty for a while. Some other neighbors bought it and have worked for more than a year, fixing it up for their son, who is finally moving in. The work they did was awesome, and the house is super cute now. Yay!

Making chicken soup, and dog food is probably on the agenda for tomorrow. And more sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment