Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Social Distancing Part 3

Tuesday, March 17th - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The Sirius Channel that I often listen to, The Spectrum, had Irish music day today. Seriously (see what I did there?) made me happy today. I love me some Irish/Celtic music.

Slept late today. I even got to turn off the alarm, let the dogs out, and go back to bed for a couple hours. Not really sure how the alarm got turned on in the first place, silly habit, I suppose.

I got to spend some time with a friend of mine, sewing. She cut out a top, I cut out a skirt for her and sewed it up. She's needing professional-ish clothes for her internship, which should hopefully lead to a job, and the need for more professional-ish clothes. But we'll take one step at a time, and get her started, so she's ready to get back to the internship when she can. We met in a not-crowded place, and didn't even sit that close to each other, but we got to socialize, and talk, and she went home with goodies. I got to go home feeling happy to have socialized, and to have made stuff.

I didn't get a whole lot else done today, as far as cleaning or organizing my craft room, and I think tomorrow, I'm going to work on some sewing projects here at home. I've got a basket full, and I can be going through them, and sew them up, and get ready to refill it! I'm actually pretty happy to get to recharge my creativity battery over this enforced break. I also know that even though the cleaning and organizing isn't my favorite thing to do, I will feel so much better having done it, and the space will be that much friendlier to be in for me.

I went for a walk today. Ron went, too, which was nice. It's nice to see other people out and about in the neighborhood, enjoying being outside. (Or being outside whether they enjoy it or not, I guess - but _I_ enjoy it!) That makes 3 days out of 4 that I've gone walking! I am not disappointed in that average.

Going to try out some virtual socializing tomorrow, on Google Dual. Both of our first time using that application on Google. I'll be sure to say how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment