Monday, March 23, 2020

Social Distancing part 8

Monday - March 23, 2020

The governor of NM made a statement today, tightening up the social distancing in the state. Many businesses are closed, including the malls, but not including grocery stores. Instead of gatherings of 10 people, it is now down to 5. I will be surprised if we go back to school this semester. I hope we can hold a graduation ceremony of some kind for our seniors. It is an important rite of passage. They will survive - and even remembered - if it can't happen, but I hope that it can, even if it is "late."

I got out walking today. The wind was gusty, and if it hadn't been so late in the afternoon already, I would have said a dust storm was brewing. It may be, for tomorrow. It seems like the poppies have been multiplying, though, and they were so pretty in the wind.

more pretty poppies in my neighborhood

I've been keeping in touch with one of my aunts in Texas, and tried to call the other one, but the lines were all busy. I'll try again tomorrow. I texted her son (my cousin, of course) but I haven't heard from him yet either. My friend in Arizona is doing well so far. Her husband will start working from home this week, but she is in health care, so she - of course - can not. Her daughter is home from college probably for the rest of the semester, doing her classes online, I think. I found a class that Raine might really enjoy but didn't get her to come look at it and see... ah, teenager.

I did get some grading done, and some sewing. Looking forward to more of both, tomorrow, lol. I also have a couple errands I hope to get done tomorrow, and then be home until we need more groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment