Thursday, March 19, 2020

Social Distancing Part 4

March 19th

Went to Sam's today. They are only letting a few people in at a time (like 100, I'm guessing) and there was a line that stretched back across their auto bays to the back corner of the building by the time I got there, not much after 9AM. But people weren't standing very close to each other, and the line moved pretty quickly, so there was that. I got most of what I wanted, including rotisserie chicken! But a lot of things weren't there, too. There wasn't a lot of meat, but there was some. The blocks of cheese I like weren't there. There were fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk and a good variety of frozen foods, but no eggs, no toilet paper. There had been paper towels, but not by the time I got there, which was OK, since I didn't need them anyway.

I took a rotisserie chicken to my brother and his wife. I had some things for her from home as well (although I forgot to give her one of them, darn it!) I offered to pick up what they needed from Sam's, but they were out of eggs and the carbonated water that they wanted. They had to make do with rotisserie chicken. My brother is able to work from home, so that's where he was.

Tonight's dinner? Rotisserie chicken quesadillas (have to use the cheese before it's moldy, right? They'll have more, right?) Simple, but yummy. Probably will make chicken soup for dinner tomorrow or Saturday. I'm definitely eating home more, now that I'm home to make it.

The downside is that even though I got some things to donate to the food pantry, the one I was going to donate to, at the church my brother attends, wasn't open. I looked online for other places to donate, but while the Roadrunner Food Bank has distribution times and places listed on the LCPS list, there isn't a donation site listed. I even looked on their website, and I could donate online or in Albuquerque. Not driving that far to make a donation! I think tomorrow I will try FYI. I mean, it's not a huge donation, but it might help a few people...

Took Kaylee with me on my walk today. She's been stressing some, with the different schedule, plus Ron's work schedule changed. It was good for both of us.
I didn't walk in the rain yesterday, but I still have four days out of the last 6, so I'm happy with that.

I'm finding online streaming concerts to listen to. That is very cool. Artists playing at home and streaming radio stations organizing it. I was listening to Until Further Notice for a while.

Oh, and the Google Dual conversation went well! You just start the program and enter a phone number (or numbers, I think) and when the person answers, you can see them and they can see you, and we had a great time chatting! Easy Peasy! You should try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment