Thursday, April 2, 2020

Social Distancing Part 13

April 2 - Thursday, right?

Today I worked on making myself a workspace for my "home office" I really should call it my home classroom, I think. I took over the kitchen table, which wasn't really a great feat. But I cleaned it, and the chairs, brought some supplies to work with, and kinda got set up to spend time working there. I think it will really help me to keep my work time a reasonable part of my day, consistently. I'll be able to communicate with my students, and keep track of what we are doing, and also give me a place to get ready for next year, as well.

some workspace
I also found that I needed something to put my cup or mug or whatever on, and when I was looking through my craft room, I came upon a quilt square I had made a couple years ago to practice some english paper piecing. It didn't take much to finish it into a cute mug rug.

it's supposed to look like arrow fletching
Now, I feel like there's something pretty and functional and ME in the space.  I'm loving those blues and greys and tans together... Making things is something important to me (if you couldn't tell by this blog).

I have work piled up behind the computer to go through and organize. We'll be doing some grade level planning tomorrow, I think. The superintendent mentioned about cleaning up classrooms, but that's not happening immediately.

Cooked, cleaned up after, like one does. I think a cleanish kitchen is helping me keep my sanity. Even more so since my work space is basically in there. We had beef stroganoff for dinner tonight. It was yummy. Thinking about making the beef equivalent of shepherd's pie for tomorrow.

Went to Sam's, yesterday. They had many of the things that had been off the shelves for several weeks. Toilet paper, eggs, pasta, rice, and cheese among them. They are still making rotisserie chickens, but I did not get one this time. I did get some of the items mentioned above, though. They were letting 30 people in the store at a time, and you waited in line for people to come out. That was weird, in Sam's. They also wanted you to get done and out in 15 minutes. I think I took a little longer than that, but not too bad. Gas was down to $1.90 a gallon there, and weren't many takers, even at that price.

My phone seems more important these days, of not getting to see my friends and coworkers (who are frankly among my friends, awesome coworkers!) much less my students. Communication becomes more thoughtful, I think. Perhaps even more attention-worthy. I'm not normally attached to my phone so much. But I do want to know the people I love are doing OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment