Saturday, March 14, 2020

Social Distancing Part One

New Mexico Department of Education made the decision to close schools across the state to help curb the spread of the corona virus. Closure begins March 16 (effectively March 14, but that is a Saturday), and runs until April 6. One of the suggestions is to keep a log of the effort of social distancing and our personal experience of it. So, this is what this is. Not a debate or commentary, but a personal log. I am happy to do my part in the social distancing efforts, although, I don't look forward to having to make up any school days after the school year would have normally ended. That being said, I'm a big girl, and I will keep putting on my big girl panties, and do what must be done.

Saturday, March 14th - Did my regular breakfast out at Nueva Casita, with my friend Damon, and ordered to go french toast for Raine. We did a grocery run to Albertsons afterwards. I picked up a prescription for Ron, and mostly some fresh vegetables and fruits to eat this week. I could have used rice (we are out, not hoarding), but the store was out, so will check back for that at a later date. I'll probably take a trip to Sam's this week, and pick up a few things there, and some donations for a food pantry, cans of vegetable, maybe some pasta and pasta sauce. It depends on what is available at the time.

Here are some things that I have on my agenda for these 3 weeks: getting caught up on grading, and then planning for the rest of the school year (last 9 weeks); cleaning up my craft room (which has been sadly neglected for a while) and then doing some sewing (this will definitely keep my spirits up); some other housekeeping and spring cleaning tasks to be determined as the spirit moves me; walks; naps; reading; listening to music; writing; did I already mention sewing?; working on Carl's "The Last Supper" cross stitch.

It doesn't seem like a huge list, but, knowing me, I've overscheduled myself. I want to keep in contact with friends, but it will take some negotiation of exactly what that will mean, and how it will be done.

So it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment