Saturday, April 4, 2020

Social Distancing - Part 14

April 4th - Saturday

Some things that are causing me stress:
     Hamlet - our Great Dane - barking and waking up Ron, who is working nights. He likes to bark, and because he's big, his bark is loud. Is the UPS truck on our street? Maybe someone isn't mowing their lawn right... Hamlet has to tell us about it.
     The stuff in the craft room that shouldn't be there. There are things that I had intended to donate, but I'm not sure I can right now. I hate to throw them in the trash, but... Going to find out about whether Community of Hope is accepting donations on Monday, and if they are, it's going... if not, the trash. It's still going.
     Too many dirty dishes, and/or the kitchen trash can is full. Some of the other messes/stacks of stuff also can get on my nerves, but I can't deal with them all RIGHT NOW... they will have to wait their turn, and it is not today.
     Worry that family and friends and students are healthy.
   
Some things that are helping me deal with stress:
     Not worried about my job, or Ron's job or having to struggle financially because of Social Distancing. Also, a comfortable, if not fancy, house.
     Talking on the phone to, texting, emailing, and messaging with friends and family and connecting with them. Students too. I'm actually looking forward to interacting with them, even if it will be online. I texted with my niece today. Also called my aunt and talked to her for a bit.
     Petting and snuggling with our dogs and cats.

Kaliegh!

Kaliegh snuggles

Hamlet loves Ron, and vice versa.

     Daily routine (still under construction, frankly). Getting up and getting dressed. Completing chores. Cooking. Working at home for school. Taking care of house and family. Including time for things like sewing & crafting.
     Whittling away at stacks of stuff that have been waiting for me to have time to attend to them.
     Noticing cool things.

Raine's cat, Janis, in her window, which is also reflecting the new leaves on our tree.

     Sewing and crafting.

Cutting out a new top, today.

     Cool music. Listening to audio books. Reading. Watching some TV, but not constantly, and not even every day.

Abney Park did a streaming concert. It wasn't free, but it was worth the price of the ticket!
     Walking. I'm getting it done almost every day. I want to add some steps, and set a goal for them. I think recording steps will help me with that.
     Supporting my friends and family, as they struggle with these things, too. Sharing a kind word, or a supportive comment. Being willing to discuss my own issues, so that we all know we are not alone, even if we are at a distance.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment