Sunday, April 19, 2020

Social Distancing Part 21

April 10 - Sunday

As with many Sundays, with or without social distancing. This was a day of chores. Laundry done, Made dog food. Often I try to put together some healthy snacks to go in our lunches. I have done that, but not today, there are still bags ready to eat in the fridge. I should probably go through them and make sure they are still good.

Breakfast was provided by Nueva Casita. We often go there for a weekend breakfast, and the friendly staff make us feel welcome every time. We're not eating out every meal, in fact we've been cooking (I've been cooking) more and we've been eating at home more. My fridge is usually sparse, as we get stuff, and then don't eat it, and end up throwing it out. My parents always had the fridge stuffed to the gills. Now, our fridge is pretty stuffed. I guess all it takes to want to keep a full fridge is having the expectation that you're going to eat out of it every day.

I walked. Twice today, and the second time around was not pretty. Heck I almost fell twice on the morning walk. My balance is messed up. My brother would like me to go bike riding with him, but my balance issues make me take a pass on that. Anyway, this afternoon's walk was slow, and I was stiff, and my knee was hurting. It hurts almost all the time anyway (thanks, arthritis), but more today. Sometimes it aches in the night and wakes me up. I won't be surprised if that is the case tomorrow. I'm still glad I went, and waved to my neighbors, and saw them at their entertainments: chalk drawing, a three way game of basketball, running some RC cars over ramps. Tomorrow's walking will probably go easier for going out today, even though it was hard. I'm trying to get my brother to come out walking with me, but the logistics of talking oneself into doing something you don't really want to do in the first place... yeah, problematic.

I also sewed. I've finished 7 of the 10 masks I started yesterday. I've got 10 more to work on this week. A friend even dropped off some elastic for me, which was nice, and it was lovely to talk to her from a safe distance for a few minutes.

There was also a drive-by birthday party down the street. A nice line of cars that was only annoying because we had to wait in the line to get to our own driveway after picking up dinner. They had balloons, and a bull horn, and there was lots of honking. I hope it brightened someone's birthday, getting to see the friendly faces of friends and loved ones, caring enough to come see you, if only for a few minutes.

I read The Importance of Being Ernest, because the AP online instructors suggested it. It was a short read, and funny. Now I need to find an online production of it to watch. I kept seeing young Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry (as in Wooster and Jeeves) in it. I'll have to look for that team up for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment