Friday, July 5, 2013

The Thing for This Summer

For Raine, the thing she seemed interested in having this summer, was tunic tops. MY thing, sewing for Raine this summer, seems to be sizing.

I've made her long and short pants, and she likes the long shorts with a cargo pocket, and cargo pockets on her long pants as well. She's tall. Almost as tall as I am (not that I'm all that tall, per se, but she is 10), but not very big around. Evidently she has my narrow shoulders as well, which wasn't an issue in my making things for her until this year.

Neck opening WAY TOO BIG!
So here is a tunic top that worked a little better, but still could have been more fitted.

She wore it the day after I finished it, a good sign of liking it!
Better fit, and a more forgiving garment on the whole. Still a little big around. I made the grey pants as well, intentionally long, but they were really longer than intended, and pretty big on her. Sheesh. You would thing I hadn't measured, but I did, and USED the measurements. Sheesh. The dragon fabric makes up for a bit, I would thankfully say.

I do have some more of the red dot fabric, and my intent is to try for a different tunic type top with that.

ready for modifications...
I thought I would start with this pajama top, but instead of a button closure yoke, I would do a cross over in front. That would allow some "give" for her to put her head through, and create a notched look, but not make the opening too big. I'll also go with short sleeves, maybe even a little shorter than the top above.

That way, I can work on my thing, and her thing, at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment