Monday, July 29, 2013

Red Dots Part 2

Remember this?
red dot top FAIL!
This top totally did not fit my daughter. It is the garment that got me to realize that she inherited my narrow shoulders, though, before we passed it along to someone who will wear it and enjoy it.

BUT Raine really liked that fabric, with all those red dots. So, I tried again. I cut it out by a pajama pattern that had a yoke.

Yeah, this is the one.
Only I changed it up some, and instead of buttons, I extended the front pieces and crossed them over each other. Oh, yeah, and I shortened the sleeves.
She looks thrilled, right?
I like the detail of the cording where the yoke is attached. If I make another one, I'll probably do some kind of embellishment around the neck line to define it more. It crosses over so no closure is needed, but it opens to slip over her head just fine, glasses and all. I think the fit is good, too, thank goodness. I'm happy with it over all. Now, I'll be even happier if she will WEAR it! (or any of the tops I've made her this summer... sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment