Monday, July 22, 2013

Flames and Cats on Motorcycles - A Kid's Clothes Week finish

One last summer post of KCW for me. I know, the week has passed, but I wanted to share what I started last week, and didn't finish until today. A button down shirt in a fun fabric for Raine.

I started with this pattern:

Short sleeves, mandarin collar
and some fun fabric. I think clothes can and should - where appropriate - be fun. A happy fabric makes a happy garment.

Here's where we were today. I searched through my button stash and found the perfect ones...

Orange buttons!?!?!
Want to know how long they had been in my stash? (and probably my mother's stash before that?) Check out the price on these babies...
On sale for 19 cents!
Crazy, right? I felt like the buttons had been in the shelter for SOooooo long, and they finally found the right forever home.

Button holes and buttons sewed on later, Raine tried it on (over her t-shirt, sigh) and discovered that it has pockets!
Hey! Two pockets! and crazy hair from the pool...
One fun shirt!
and it even fits!


1 comment:

  1. FUN shirt! I make fun work shirts for my husband. He goes to work in Curious George, rubber ducks, flames, whatever we find that looks fun!

    ReplyDelete