Thursday, May 21, 2020

Social Distancing Part 28

May 21, Thursday

School is basically done. I've done all my grading, and turned in my grades. I am pretty content that I only had to assign one "Incomplete" grade for the semester, meaning only ONE student turned in NOTHING.

Tomorrow is the graduation celebration is tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to going out in the parking lot where the students and their families will gather in their cars. Of course wearing a mask in the sun and heat, not my favorite. But I really do want to see those seniors one more time! I'll take my umbrella for some portable shade.

Now that school is over, I'm ready to get on to other tasks around the house. Of course, I started with the kitchen, which actually wasn't in terrible condition, but I still need to sweep (at least) the floor (all over the house). Changing the sheets yesterday, and vacuuming the bedroom helped the room be more inviting to me. It's hard to get in there to clean when Ron is sleeping during the day, and morning is really my high energy time. (and of course cleaning isn't my favorite activity in the first place. {What?!? I do it because I adult, but I don't have to love the activity as much as the result.}) Right now I'm procrastinating cleaning my computer desk, which is sore in need, by writing this. And, of course, there are plenty of other things that need similar attention...and other activities I've been looking forward to, same as other school years at the beginning of summer.

I've been working on getting my brother Carl to join our daily walks. He needs to like I do, but while we would love Naomi to join us, she just doesn't have the stamina to do so. Having a partner that not only won't join you in an activity you should do, but don't really want to on the best day, is only made harder when that partner complains that you go. But he has been walking with us, even bringing his dog, Mia. Damon has taken his dog, Zoey, several times. I could take Kaliegh, but Hamlet is not well behaved enough, and both together is a recipe for my personal disaster. I have had a couple of occasions lately to appreciate the little amount of my fitness that has made some chores a little easier.

Well, off to other activities!


No comments:

Post a Comment