Friday, May 8, 2020

Social Distancing Part 26

May 8,  Friday

We are winding down the end of the school year. In some ways, of course, it seems like school has been over for almost 9 weeks, but it hasn't. It's just been different. Very different. Grades are due on May 21st, which is also the day that Graduation was scheduled. But of course, no gathering in the Pan Am Center will be happening for a while, yet. But there will be a celebration, with Seniors and their families (at least the four total per vehicle that will be allowed) will get to participate in a drive through celebration. I'll be there, even if wearing a mask makes me crazy.

Another thing that they have planned is that they bought yard signs for all the seniors, and this week, teachers are delivering them. I did two today, and I thought it was sweet. The families met me outside, the senior wore their cap and gown, and I took pictures of them. Of course I got them a few celebration goodies, some candy hugs, (since we can't give them the real thing) a decorative class of 2020 pick, a senior class beach ball, and a card.

Senior Swag
I have pictures from the two deliveries I made, but I don't know that I should publish them here. I got to deliver to some awesome students today, and I get to deliver signs to three more tomorrow. I met each of these students in their freshman year, and one of the things that rewards me for teaching school is seeing the freshmen through those four years, becoming seniors and finally graduating. The growth curve is amazing in those four years!


No comments:

Post a Comment