Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Social Distancing 29

May 27 - Wednesday

I see that the spacing between blog entries continues a wider spacing. Probably because I don't feel like there is much of note to share. 

School is out, officially. We said good bye to the seniors. I've sort of started planning for next year. While I've worked through my personal paperwork (sadly, stacked for a couple years), I haven't quite started on organizing the papers that I brought home from school this year.

I turned in a batch of 25 masks to be cleaned and donated to those in need. Cruces Creatives is continuing their donation efforts, making mask kits to sew, and organizing who is getting which masks. I picked up 2 bags of 20 kits, but I haven't started sewing them yet. 

I made a trip to Joann's this week, since they've reopened to a limited capacity. I was looking for lightweight fusible inner facing. They didn't have any, although they were expecting a delivery and I should be able to call and see if they got any today. I did - of course - pick up a few pieces of on sale fabrics, including a piece of flannel for a new pair of lounge pants for Ron. I got some pretty fabric for Roxanne, my sewing cousin, and sometime partner. 

Roxanne told me that her husband is not having a good effect in his most recent battle with cancer. He was doing radiation to reduce the size of his tumor, but to no effect. Now he will have to do a round of chemo to see if that will help. In the mean-time, he is weak and unable to work. 

Carl and Naomi will be closing on the sale of their El Paso house this week. It has been on the market almost a year, and - while I know Naomi will mourn that house - they will be happy to not have the care and costs of it on their shoulders any more. Damon's trailer is also in the process of closing, but he is at least a month away from signing all the paperwork.  It wasn't on the market for long, though, so he's happy for everything but the waiting for closing.

I've been making good progress on the second panel of the cross stitched Last Supper. It makes a good craft to work on while the TV is on. Not that it is on so much, but sometimes I'll watch a couple of shows from Netflix, or Britbox or something.

Here's where I started, I've gotten it pretty well filled in now.

Businesses - like Joann's - have been slowly reopening. Restaurants are opening this week, at least the outdoor seating. I am basically glad that "things" are starting a return to normal, but I'm also uncertain about the safety of it. Still it will have to happen some time. There is then the possible result that the spread of COVID-19 will increase, hopefully not too high. Now that testing is easier to get, numbers will also go up because more testing is being done (which just means numbers have been lower than they should have been).

While I think we are moving into the next phase of this pandemic, we are definitely not seeing the end of it, or even the beginning of the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment