Thursday, June 18, 2020

Social Distancing Part 33

June 18 - Thursday

Two weeks since my last post! Yikes! There have still been race related protests. It may be a catalyst for needed change. I certainly hope so. But of course, change and uncertainty is - well - uncertain. What will the future of policing look like? Who will respond to what emergency calls? I support our police, as a whole, but I do think systemic change is needed. More education (and practice with that education) is needed. We also need to look at the laws that police are tasked with enforcing. For instance, here in Las Cruces, the Mayor tried to make not wearing a mask in a public place a chargeable offence. Who would be enforcing that? The police. The Chief of Police declined to take that on, and I don't blame him. I think that is the right decision. Of course I would like people to wear a mask, and protect me from their germs... but I am not going to confront them about that... I will observe where masks are worn, and do business in those places. That's the answer for me.

Our big issue for the past almost 2 weeks is our lack of air conditioning. We had decided to replace our old unit, which was rapidly reaching the end of its useful life, and Ron made the call to schedule an estimate. The A/C unit gave up the ghost the very next day. We pushed up the estimate, and got the unit ordered, and they were finally here today putting it on the house. Crane in the yard and all. It isn't totally hooked up yet, but won't be long into tomorrow for that to happen. I will admit to not getting a whole lot done in a hot house. I am looking forward to some cool air soon. (1st world problem that it is). 

The air quality today was not great, but there are a number of fires in Arizona, and in New Mexico that will affect that. We are in the hot, dry part of the year, so I hope that firefighters can get them under some control. The sooner the better.

I went and got my eyes checked last week, and got new glasses, even though my prescription had not changed for the second year in a row (yay!). I did not get new glasses last year, so I thought it was time. Also got my mammogram today. Never a fun experience, but I will be responsible enough to get it done. Next month, I will go for my dentist appointment that was rescheduled from May. Taking care of health business with a mask on. Even Kaliegh had her wellness check today! She's a little heavier than last year, but healthy!

Who's a good girl? Kaliegh is!

No comments:

Post a Comment