Sunday, August 18, 2013

Shirt Challenge 2

I was kind of slow when it came to getting started on my shirt challenge this weekend. My excuse? School started. The official school (not just work) with students and everything. I enjoyed meeting my new students, and I feel like this should be an AWESOME semester. Still, it is - you know - work.

But I did get started, and this is what I was working with this weekend.
What's that?!? STAR TREK fabric!!!! Woot!
Oh, yes, I did! Remember when I said I was going to make clothes that make me happy? Well, Star Trek makes me HAPPY!!!

I started off with a plan to make a camp shirt, and then decided instead to use this pattern, because I like it, and no buttons means no buttonholes to make. Also no facings down the front of the shirt. Plus, I really like this pattern.
Yes, the top that is circled - and the model is modeling.
Since I was going to be sewing with white thread, and I had a top waiting to sew for Raine that wanted white thread, I worked on both. Since I cut Raine's top out while I was having sizing issues, I also adjusted it so it wouldn't be HUGE on her. (good mom) The upshot is, I didn't get finished with them.
Ready to finish, kitties & Enterprises
I got pretty far, though. All that is left is sewing in the sleeves (both sleeves on both shirts are pinned in) and the hems. Not bad, really. I count it as challenge met since it is two shirts, and I would have finished just one, AND I'll be able to finish them easily.

I'm gonna have a Star Trek shirt....(yes, I'm gloating, judge all you want)

No comments:

Post a Comment