Saturday, April 13, 2013

Messy desk

This is how my sewing table looked this morning:
Disaster area
Nothing could possibly be sewn here. There are projects and patterns and fabric and machines, and even some duct tape in view. Whew! What a mess!

When I thought about how my work area could get so piled with stuff, I had an epiphany. I sew almost every week. What with working and all, I don't sew every day, but almost every week. It is such good creative therapy. However, there are many weeks where I do not sew at that desk. In fact, I often don't sew at home.

I decided that I am a social sewer. I take one or other of those machines and pack them into my car, along with bags, boxes, baskets, and tubs of supplies (at times) and go somewhere to sew with friends. It's lovely, mostly - even if I don't get a lot of "my own" sewing done at these times. But sometimes when I get home, the piles accumulate.

So, today, I unpiled, and put away and organized. At least a little. At least the sewing table. I got out the basket of projects that I've cut out for my daughter

what to do?
I picked the project on top, because the serger had black thread on it, and I didn't want to take MORE time for rethreading. I went to work. about an hour later, I had a cute top put together. Had Raine try it on, and sigh. Meat for another post...

Got several things cut from that khaki fabric, including a skirt for me. Think it's time to rethread the serger!

No comments:

Post a Comment