Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kid's Clothes Week Denim Jumper

After about 3 years of reading sewing blogs, I finally get into some kid's clothes week sewing! I've been reading a few of the bloggers, posting about the very cute clothes they are making for their very cute kids. Of course I love sewing for my daughter, but sometimes what I want to make does not go with what she wants to wear. Anyone else have that problem?

I have a stack of projects cut out for her. Since that is my least favorite part of sewing, I tend to cut out a pile, then sew them up at my leisure. Today, I tackled something that had been cut out for a while, and not for my daughter (who wouldn't wear it on a bet).
denim jumper/dress
I like sewing for kids, and occasionally will put together a few basic, versatile pieces to donate for kids who may need them. This time I put together a simple denim jumper dress, with a bit of lace fabric covering the yoke. I found some denim bias tape and used that to face the bottom of the armholes. I think this jumper will look totally cute on its own, paired with a t-shirt or even over tights or leggings and a turtleneck. There is a little bit of gathering of the body to the yoke of the dress, and it is a pretty basic design.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get some sewing done for Raine, and have something else to show off for kid's clothes week, this time Raine Style.


No comments:

Post a Comment