Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Infinity Scarf

Now that Christmas is done, and everyone has - or at least should have - opened their gifts, I can post about some of the things I made this holiday making season. Instead, today I'm going to post about the infinity scarf I started last year, and finally finished yesterday.

Last year for Christmas giving, I was scarf happy. I made this cowl/scarf for my sister-in-law.
last year's scarf
I made it from a bamboo blend yarn that was a sport weight, and even though the yarn was small, the knitting went quickly. It was also done with 2 skeins instead of the 3 I had bought.

So, what to do? I love the way this yarn feels, so soft and drape-y. Light, yet warm. And it is a pretty green on top of that. So, after all the gifts were done, I started another scarf with the left-over skein and some small needles. I just did a simple knit every row pattern. It was very easy... and, by the end of the scarf, very boring to knit. So, I put it aside and did some cross stitch, and some sewing, and some crochet, and every now and again I would pull it out and knit a few rows.

When the first skein was nearing the end, I realised that I was going to need another to make the scarf long enough, so I got another, and continued on. Ron's mom volunteered to be the recipient of the new scarf. She probably has thought it was never going to get finished.

It did, though. The knit every row (stocking stitch?) pattern makes it lay nice and flat. I think the small guage looks good as well, even if it did slow things down considerably. All in all, I like it, although I think infinity scarves may be no longer the fasion rage they were last year. Oh well, the story of my life...

infinity scarf, double wrapped

No comments:

Post a Comment