Friday, December 28, 2012

Crocheted Afghan

One of my big gifty projects this fall was a crocheted afghan for my husband's parents. His mom loves rich autumn colors, and I wanted to work on a pumkin orange color, but couldn't find what I wanted. I ended up with a beautiful cranberry color and tried out a wavey pattern that I found on the wrapper of a different skein of yarn that I had at home. I was afraid for a while that I wouldn't get through the 7 skiens of yarn that the pattern called for in time to send it for Christmas, bit I made it. The pattern worked up easily and quickly, and I really liked the result. Plus, it was nice and toast on my lap as I worked on it - one of my favorite things about working on an afghan is trying it out while you work.

Raine has to hold it up over her head for pictures!
This lighting really doesn't do justice to the rich tone of the yarn, which looks darker in person. It does show off the somewhat lacy effect of the shells, though. Lacy without seeming too holey to be warm. I hope they enjoy it for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment