Sunday, December 16, 2012

Carl's Tote

My brother, Carl, made a special request for a smallish tote to use to carry his lunch and his Nook to work with him. He kind of wanted something he could grab with one hand, and not too big. I got started right away, and decided to add some pockets, and seriously thought about makeing it a zippered tote - then didn't. I chose some brown and tan fabrics that I had on hand, to make it reasonably "manly." I folded over a front panel to make a cuffed pocket, and added a bit of cording for detail.

The front.
I couldn't resist putting a little fun in it, though. Honestly, I usually can't resist a little fun in any sewing project. I had this hedgehog fabric since last winter, and had been looking for the perfect place to use some of it.

hello hedgehogs... and pockets!
I put some other gifts inside it, and wrapped it up for him for Christmas, very happy with how it turned out. Now, I just need a new project to use that zipper in...

No comments:

Post a Comment