Monday, December 10, 2012

In the Works

I've been making tote bags as gifts for the past few months. OK, since the summer. Recently, my brother made a special request. He wanted a smallish tote that he could put his Nook, and his lunch, in to take to work. I took on the challenge of making a manly tote (that has a little bit of fun in it too). I wanted it to have pockets, in case he needed to stow his phone, or a pen or what-have-you. I also wanted to try out some of the zipper techniques that I've been checking out in tutorials for bags and pouches.

I started with the zipper, and messed it up - not beyond recovery - but definitely a learning curve I didn't quite make it around the first time out. Then, when I talked to Carl, he really didn't want a zipper to mess with. Since it is his bag, I'll go with his request and save the zipper for another time, and another bag (and I'll do a better job with it, too!)

Here is the front of the bag will look like. The contrast fabric is the inside of a front pocket panel. Think it looks "manly" enough? I hope so!

work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment