Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rainbow Road and Improv curves

My intentions this past weekend were good. I got a good start with my note cards in Friday. Saturday I worked on my Rainbow Road project.

Now I have tubs of fabric scraps, saved from forever for when I would - someday - start piecing things. I've always wanted to. This year seem the year for it to take off. Still, when I looked through my scraps, and chose some fabrics, hum... well, they just didn't speak to me, really.
my road didn't get me over the rainbow...

Oh, don't get me wrong, I finished the piecing, and the curving and the sewing the curves. It was really a good assignment. I look at what others have done with theirs, and I like them. It's not that mine is bad, really, but do I need something to hang on my wall that I don't LOVE? I don't have crafty trays to line, or need a new bath rug (which were some of the fabulous projects OTHER people did...) SO. I trimmed it, and I'm setting it aside as is. Perhaps this summer, I'll add to it, and make a lap quilt or some such to donate, and someone, somewhere will love it.

blue curves
Now, just because I didn't love my "finished" project, doesn't mean I didn't learn from the process, because I did. The first cards I made were really too subtle in the curves. After I hit the road, I returned to make this card. I even tried a little decorative stitching. With some interfacing, it will look better. Next week, precise curves...


1 comment:

  1. Wow Dina! You have done lots of class work for the curves class. I have been enjoying the camp. The chats are fun and you get to ask questions of Rachel, which is good. Mostly though I think I have just enjoyed the contact with others doing the same thing. I think I would do the camp again.

    ReplyDelete