Saturday, February 18, 2012

Note Cards

The first project this weekend was note cards. I have boxes and tubs of fabric scraps that I have saved up over the years for when I really got into piecing projects (or felt like making doll clothes again). I thought I had some blank note cards sitting around, somewhere, but I had no luck finding them. My first order of business was to get some note cards. Spent some time with Carl, Friday evening, and we managed to get to Staples. They had some perfect, blank note cards - intended to go through a printer - and envelopes. Problem 1 solved.

The point of decorating the note cards was to do some improvisational curve cutting and sewing for the Curves class. It was the easy project for this week. Curves, you say. Curves, I say. I had no trouble at all, building up some pieced pieces. The curves are pretty subtle though. I don't think I had the confidence to really, really just cut the curves and go. Still when I finished the two that I made, I liked them.
note cards on my front step

I picked out some other fabrics from my stash to try some more. After looking at the cool, curvy shapes my classmates came up with, I'll probably use up my cards. Well, minus the one Raine made a birthday card for her friend with.
Ginger was watching me take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment