Sunday, September 1, 2013

Shirt Challenge #3

This week I was challenged by more than finding time to sew. This week the get-up-and-go debate was an issue. It would be easy to sit in the recliner and watch more episodes of  The Dead Zone or Once Upon a Time or Campion. I could pretend to do some grading and make it all all right. But I didn't, and I think that aspect of the challenge, the part where I've challenged myself to step up to this series of making, was tested and met today.

Here then, is the start. The fabric I picked for today's shirt is feathery.

ready for ironing
And I went back to this pattern because I liked the top so much when I used it for the elephant shirt.

Added sleeves to the notched-neck sleeveless version again
And the result is:

Love my new shirt!
I have to admit that I don't always get the notches to come out well, but this one is beautiful and flat! Yay! I'm not one of those who is in to all black all the time, but I am digging greys more than I used to, and I think this top will be wonderful through the fall and winter. I really like the fit of this top from this pattern!

Oh, and when I hung my new shirt in the closet, I found a sleepy head, snoozing in my "clean" pajamas...

silly cat!

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful, I like that fabric! I can feel the change in season, and I just want to sleep and be lazy. I decided to clean my sewing room and it's taking me days to do it.

    ReplyDelete