Monday, September 23, 2013

What Creativity?

Sometimes on the wheel of life, things get hectic, and you just have to roll with it. This past week or so has been like that for me. Evenings were busy, and this past weekend, I helped my brother move. It's what you do, you know? Beyond getting to sleep in - and man, did I need THAT - it almost didn't seem like a weekend!

I would say I went back to work to recover, but today was even busier there. As soon as I arrived this morning, I went to go have my picture taken for the yearbook. The photographers were there, but they weren't set up. So much for that. I went to the office and picked up my testing supplies so I could proctor a standardized test this morning. That took all morning, and into lunch time. Took my prep time, of course, that I had prep time was one of the reasons they appointed me to proctor. (mind you it was the third prep in a row that I've lost to some sort of school business) So a few minutes for lunch, and on to the afternoon classes. I really enjoy my students this semester, so, high point of the day. We were working on Kennings. Those are poetic language and they go with Beowulf, being of Anglo Saxon origin. My first time teaching them - not first time for Beowulf, LOVE Beowulf... just first time for Kennings. ANYWAY the last class of the day was the time my administrator arranged to come observe me for my evaluation. The administrators complemented me on my lesson, so that felt good. On the other hand, one of the things I missed out on was having the lesson plans ready for them. JUST. HAD. NO. TIME. I'm disappointed about that, but it is what it is.

sigh

So, right, no shirt made again this weekend. No time with hubby, even though it was his weekend off. On the plus side, there will always be NEXT weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment