Saturday, January 7, 2012

snowflake mug rugs

I'm making progress on the snowflakes. Pretty soon, all I will need to do is bind them and mail them. Soon. I have one box filled, but I still need to wrap and address it.

The first batch of snowflakes I made, I started with the calico fabrics that I had on hand. I made a 4 inch square for the basis of the blocks. The last quartet I made had red snowflakes, and white background.
red snowflakes?!?

The second batch started off with a bigger square, 5 inches. I found some Christmas fabrics left over from making stuffed rocking horses last year. Then I went with white tone on tone for some, and some mostly white but a little bit of print on others. I like the little bit bigger size a lot, although I think you could use the smaller size for ornaments, with a ribbon at one corner. I think they would be cute, and that MAY just go on my crafting list this year, to be ready by Christmas.
Aren't those dots fun?
I went with a simpler quilting stitch on these as well. I think I like it. I rather like the blanket stitch on the binding as well. I hope it will hold it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment