Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fabric as Inspiration

I did something for the first time last week. I bought fabric online.

Usually, when I'm shopping for fabric, it is as much a tactile experience and a visual one. I have bought fabric - and passed fabric by - because of how it felt. The fabric shopping here locally is limited, but until now, I've been able to limit my online fabric excursions to browsing and wanting.
their card

I went to an Etsy shop, though, called the Intrepid Thread (linked here for your convenience), and the price was right, and the prints were right, and the moon must have been in the right phase, and I bought some fabric. I had it in my hot little hands in a matter of a few days, and I am so pleased! It is such beautiful fabric, and feels silky and soft. WOW! It was even all wrapped up in pretty white tissue paper. It really felt like getting a present.

The first fabric I picked was a fat quarter bundle in yellows and greens. I want to put a rich brown, and maybe a crisp white with these to make something (not sure what yet).
fat quarters
I also got a half yard bundle AND a half yard of hedgehog fabric that is incredibly cute. Not sure what I'm going to make out of that either, but I am going to start a curves class at the first of February, so I won't be surprised if either one bundle or the other gets used for a curvy project.
half yard pieces
I am really enjoying those blues and greys together. Well, and the hedgehogs, of course. What lovely inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment