Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sweet Dreams

I'm all fired up about posting more often, and after I wrote that last post, I had idea chasing idea through my little pea brain about things to post about. Even after I finally fell asleep, I dreamed about crafts to post about. Yep, I dreamed about writing a post about a craft that I did in my dreams. I don't know what to call the craft, or even how to do it in my waking life, but the glass looking disks that I made in my dream were sure pretty. And well worth posting about, you know, if they were actually real, and not a figment of my dreaming imagination.

Still, if you want to talk creative process, I think I would have to admit that dreaming is a part of mine. Then translating that dream into some sort of reality.

Lately, in my waking hours, I've been making scarves. They are fun scarves, made to look like various creatures. I got the patterns from Bees Knees Knitting, an Etsy shop. Someone showed me the patterns, and I could NOT resist. I bought all of the set. I made several for Christmas presents, like this snake.
there is a snake head with a little tongue even
I learned that all varigated yarn is not dyed the same, when I was making this snake. Still I think trading off on the yarn patterns is one of the things that Raine likes about it.

I made one for Ron
what DOES the fox say?
And I couldn't resist making a raccoon scarf for myself, even thoug wearing it around my neck all day won't happen very often.
much cooler than a real raccoon
The patterns are easy to follow, and pretty quick to make. I think I've made them all longer than the pattern calls for, but the bodies are pretty much "repeat these two rounds" until it is as long as you want it. I like the hanging from both shoulders look, so I lengthened. I think you could almost go stole or collar if you modified them well.

One thing that I like about them - besides the simple stitches - is that you put the faces on right away. So you get to look at those cute faces all while you are working on the less exciting long expanse of body. Motivation? Yes, it is.

I will probably, eventually, work my way through all the patterns. Right now, I'm working on a cat, and next up is a panda bear. Definitely a fun group of projects, for any level of crocheter. All you need is single and double crochet. Way to go, Bees Knees Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment