Tuesday, February 18, 2014

my first apron

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted here! Yikes!

That sort of means that I didn't really realize how busy everything else was keeping me. Well, I do realize, but I still didn't think it had been THAT long.

So, We are gearing up for Wild West Con again this year, and I'm working on some new Steampunk duds. I got a skirt cut out, and my cat happily held it in place while I worked on some aprons yesterday. Hooray for 3-day weekends!

don't worry, I'll take care of these while you sew...
A friend of mine requested an apron, and I was up for the challenge. I had never made an apron before. I picked out a pattern and some fabrics... and then decided that I should make one for her daughter, too. I thought they would like to have similar aprons, so I used the same two fabrics as my friend's apron, but then added a solid since I lacked some yardage. I hadn't bought with makeing 2 aprons in mind. Plus, I didn't want them to be too matchy matchy.

I have learned SOME things while watching Project Runway, after all...

Well, I got one of the aprons finished yesterday, and the second is nearly finished. All it needs is the waist band done to hook everything together. Just enough to merit its own post... Here is the "mom" apron.

Dixie was checking it out, too.
I thought it turned out really cute, and Ron thought I needed to be holding a bowl with some cookie dough in it. It may not be the best photo, I didn't really tie the apron on, and Ron was making me laugh. Happy with how the apron turned out though!

No comments:

Post a Comment