Sunday, February 23, 2014

the other apron drops

I didn't get much sewing done this weekend, but I did finish the second apron. Here is the pattern I used.

Apron for fun!
I used variations of the gathered waist apron. I didn't use appliques or ruffles on the neck/shoulder ties, but I did make pockets for both aprons, and varied them with fabrics and trim. I didn't want them too froofie, or too matchy, but I did want them to look like a set.

no model :^(
I found a large rick rack that I used on the bib and pockets of this apron, and I just LOVED how it looked. I hope that my friend's daughter likes it as much as I do!

it goes well with both the orange on the sides of the bib, AND the slightly muted orange stripe on the fabric

she won't loose those pockets!
I made an adult sized apron for the daughter, as she is not far off her adult growth. I modified the mother apron further by extending the waistband about 6 inches and widening the bib. My friend is a little bigger than I am, but not much...

Aprons side by side!

mom apron
daughter apron
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment