Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shirt Challenge - a loss... and a win

I'm officially declaring my self challenge to create 6 shirts over 12 weeks, over. I didn't even make them over 18 weeks.  So, in that, I failed. I guess.

On the other hand, I now have four new tops that make me happy. I win! I win!

The process of the challenge was interesting to me, and to a point, it did give me some encouragement to create when otherwise I wouldn't have had it. But life also happens, and did happen, and that is OK, too.
I'm not a fashion blogger - or even fashionable - but I do love that creative process, and have with doses of Project Runway, come to understand fashion a little more than I did (and yet still come to the conclusion that fashion - as such - is a little beyond me, or not as interesting as creativity is).

I still have two pieces of fabric left over from the challenge, and I think, I think, I have patterns picked out to go with them. I also have a shirt cut out for my brother (been cut out a while) and an apron to make for a friend (it will be my first time making an apron). So there are still projects on the horizon.

Here is one idea. I really like the short sleeved version of this top.
See the little wavey stripes on this fabric? They are horizontal on the fabric, but I will cut them the top so they are verticle. Yeah, I know, but that is how they SHOULD have printed the fabric...

I love some leaves and a tunic!
Again, I will go short sleeved. It is just a more useful length for me. I'll also point the leaves down. If I can remember to do that when I'm laying out the pattern and cutting, that is.

The main reason that I decided to conclude my shirt challenge, though, (yes, I know, time was up. WAY up) is that I have a new challenge. I need to get some things made for March and the Wild Wild West Steampunk convention in Old Tucson! It will be our third time there. I added to my wardrobe last year a little, but I would like to get two new outfits ready for this year. Yeah. I'll need to get on the ball with that, won't I.


No comments:

Post a Comment