Monday, January 21, 2013

Zippered Pouches

I got my sewing fix this weekend. I'm so glad there were three days of it, too. Saturday was rather like a recovery day from the previous week, but Sunday, I took on this:

some pretty grays, and even a zipper
It ended up looking like this, when I was done.

zippered pouch
I looped the strap on this one because I did not get out to any store to get some clips.  I really love the grays, and the little pop of green on that flowered fabric. It is one of the pieces from my mom's stash, so definitely vintage, and I think it is a gorgeous fabric.

The pouch even has a pocket inside.

just enough of those cute grey flower to make a pocket
On Monday, I started another. I didn't take nearly as many pictures of the second pouch as I did the first. I was thinking blue/green/purple jewel tones with gray. I found some blues and some greens, but not really jewel tones, and the only purple I found did not play well with them. Really? ALL that fabric and I couldn't put together something in jewel tones? Still I liked the blues and greens together, and the gray stripe really helps.

Check out the silver zipper!
While I'm not one for adding trim and lace to everything, I do think details make a difference. This little pouch has a D ring on the strap, and a divider inside.

a place for everything...
I came across that pretty flowered fabric while searching through my scraps. It is another vintage piece, and I fell for it big time.

These two pouches will be heading for their new home this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment