Sunday, January 2, 2011

With the promise of pictures soon...

Friday, Roxanne and I worked on refilling the basket of things-to-be-sewn-on-Sundays. It was fun to go through a portion of each of our stashes and the piles of patterns, and consider the possibilities. Then we pinned and cut and folded and repinned and not always in THAT order.

Cutting things out is not my favorite part of sewing, usually. I like to have a stack of things ready to grab and throw at the sewing machine. There have been many a production line at my house, I'll tell you. Still, playing with the fabric, and considering the possibilities IS fun, and we enjoyed it. We came up with a few fun outfits, and I'm happily awaiting their construction.

Today, for instance, while Roxanne did some (more) cutting, I worked on a sewing a top (one of the two pieces left in the basket from our summer cutting spree), a really cute skirt, some pants and another skirt for Roxanne's closet. All of those pieces are from fabric that has now been used instead of stored. Creatively envisioned into new purposes. They all have a place on this blog, and will be featured as soon as they are finished and photographed. In fact, there are several pieces in that basket that will find their way here, in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment