Monday, January 31, 2011

Kitty Skirt



I'm not into high fashion. I have enjoyed Project Runway, although I'm a late convert and have only been hooked for about 2 and a half seasons. I have a little more appreciation for "fashion forward" but it isn't MY sensibility. I like comfortable. I like coverage. I like fun.

When Roxanne and I were looking through the fabric stash, we came across a fabric that I had gotten with something for Raine in my mind. It never got made. The fabric was black on black cats. The background is a very deep black, and the cats a tiny bit lighter. There was also a pretty good sized piece of solid black, about the shade of the cats. How fun it would be, we thought, to cut skirts out of both, then cut the panels in half and alternate them.

It turned out that there was only enough cat fabric for one skirt, and since Roxanne wears skirts more often than I do, she got it. Since it still sounded like fun, I went on the lookout for another black on black print, and when the cotton wall went on sale a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a print that was little curlicues. Not as fun as the kitties, but...

This weekend, we got my skirt finished. Those skirts are very simple to make. Here is a close-up of the kitty fabric, and Roxanne's skirt. Look close on the right side of the picture.

1 comment: