Monday, January 17, 2011

With a little help from my phone


I forgot the camera. Again. I did remember my daughter, and her bag of goodies to keep her occupied, and the fabric, sundries, and sewing machines. Even the goodies for lunch. The camera? No. So I used my phone and took some photos anyway. Here's some of what we've been up to in the past few weeks... (pause while I load up the photos, so I know what to talk about when...)

Wow, these photos are either too small to see, or, when enlarged, too blurry. Sigh. I'll talk about them anyway. This first one is Roxanne, in her new black slacks and purple top. The fabrick for both pieces was repurposed from mystery fabric. Meaning I'm not even sure where it came from. Maybe I should call that rediscovered fabric.

This skirt is really cute - just in case you can't tell... We found a couple of yards of this black kitties on black background fabric. Very fun. Then, we had the brainstorm of combining it with some black fabric, alternating panels for a skirt. We were hoping there was enough of the kitty fabric for two skirts, but we only got one. Still we liked the alternating panel idea enough that when the calico fabric went on sale this weekend, I picked up some in a different black on black pattern. (no more kitties to be had)

The final photo is Roxanne's son, Casey, in a tunic that we made for him. The fabric is rather canvas-y with a tribal kind of design on it, and shells (yes, shells) sewn on here and there. We're making Carl a tunic out of it, but his isn't quite finished yet. Casey's took a little adjusting, but we got it finished this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I'd love to see the tunic with the shells! Another time, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise to take a picture of Carl in his when it is done. Since he lives in the house where my camera lives, it won't have to be a phone photo...

    ReplyDelete