Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Knitted Socks... With Heels

I finished the pair of heeled socks this evening. I made them for Raine, because the smaller size would serve better when what I was really trying to do was make the heeled socks. I used a smaller yarn and smaller needles than I had with the first pair. I think they turned out pretty well.

I'm looking forward to starting another pair, something not in wool, or at least not completely, so they will be cooler. I also think they need to be washable. I mean, socks. Really. I also want them to be not in acrylic yarn. I would like to step up on my materials.

Being creative can happen in any price point, and I'm pretty happy about that, but the quality of materials can make a big difference in the finished product. In fabrics, a higher thread count can make all the difference in the feel of the fabric, something that is an important part of choosing a fabric for me. Now, of course, I am all for getting something on sale, and I do have a budget. Higher prices mean fewer projects. Still, I've become more particular about what fabrics I choose. Now, I'm learning about yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment