Monday, July 7, 2014

13 of a Kind

There is going to be an SCA event next Saturday in El Paso. In the SCA we call it The Citadel of the Southern Pass, or just The Citadel. There will be fighting, and Arts and Sciences all afternoon, and I'm looking forward to attending. It is called Hastilude. Don't know what that is from or what it means, but that won't stop me from going!

Since I've been "bagging it" lately - making bags that is - I decided to participate in 13 of a kind. You make 13 items on a theme, to donate for largesse (gifts for the royalty to present as awards and thank-you's). One of the items will be used as part of a silent auction to raise funds for the barony. There will also be some kind of voting going on, but I'm not sure what people are voting on, exactly.

At any rate, the making has begun. Yesterday and today, I got cutting.
pile of bags-to-be
I'll be making a variety of bags, mostly envelope shoulder bags, but also a few drawstring bags as well. Each will be lined, and as you can tell there will be a variety of embellishments as well.

The first two bags to be sewn up were dark blue twill with a wide blue and green trim for the straps. No two of the bags will be identical, although I don't think it would matter - for this - if they were.

two of thirteen
I should be sewing up 3 or 4 each day for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment