Thursday, May 8, 2014

In the Planning Stages

I miss visiting with my cousin and sewing. Life has circumstances, and those circumstances change, and it just isn't possible right now. But, I miss it.

A couple weeks ago, an SCA friend posted a link to a pinterest board full of largess (donated gift) ideas. Oh my goodness. It was a dangerous thing for me to look at, and I loved every moment. There were so many things I wanted to make, or try or HAVE! It got me thinking, and then, acting. We have an Arts & Sciences meeting every week, and work on crafts while we visit and chat. I passed around a paper and pencil and asked everyone to make a list of things they wanted to make or try or have, and they did. Many of them had ideas similar to mine, and seemed enthusiastic to participate. Like so many things, all it will take (I think) is someone to organize it. OK, I'll take that on.

In hopes of not overwhelming everyone, I'm hoping we can figure out a make-and-take activity each month, and some kind of class each month as well. Our first ones, planning for June, are make and take candles, and a beginning sewing class to make an envelope tote. Now I just need to figure out what everyone needs to bring/donate so that who ever wants to participate can do so.

Of course, the other part of my plan is to post the activity and results here. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment