Monday, July 30, 2012

School Clothes

For me. I felt like a new start at a new school deserved some new clothes. So I've weeded my closet, and now I'm adding a few things in.

I've been wanting to make a denim skirt for myself for a long while. I think I got the fabric for it some time last year. The year before? It is a lovely, soft, light blue colored denim and I wanted it fairly fitted at the top, and fairly flowy at the bottom. And fairly long, almost ankle length.

When I looked through my fabric for the denim, I also found this piece of leafy cotton, in several shades of denim blues. I thought Woot! A top for my new skirt (you know, because nothing goes with denim...). I decided something tunic-y, and thought of a top I've made a couple of times now that has a dart coming from the sleeve seam, and a round neckline. I have added sleeves to it, and made a keyhole detail in the back.

Here's a terrible picture of the result.

very blurry
The picture doesn't do the outfit justice, but I really wanted to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment