Monday, May 21, 2012

T-shirt Dresses

Yes, it HAS been a while since I've posted here. I've been rather on a life-overload lately. I've done some sewing, but due to circumstances beyond our control, there were several weeks where Roxanne and I didn't get to sew together. The last time we did, I cut out the skirts for the t-shirt dresses we were wanting for our summer wardrobe. I put Roxanne's together first, and I think it turned out pretty nice.
There's a purple stripe in the skirt. No, really.
Roxanne added a little white lace around the neck and sleeves and at the bottom of the skirt, to help dress it up a little and add interest.

Then, I worked on mine. I wanted pockets, so I added them in the side seams. I'm more of a leave it plain girl, but then, my skirt fabric was lots of tiny little flowers, so no lace for me. I wore mine over the weekend, to see how well I would like it, and I thought it quite comfy and cool. That would be in the temperature sense, not in the chic sense... just saying. Here's how mine turned out.
comfy!
So, not the height of fashion, I admit. Still, with a pair of shorts underneath, this is going to fit the bill for those warm - no, lets face it HOT! - summer days. I think we each want at least one more.

1 comment:

  1. Your dress does look very cool and comfy. I was thinking about a cool/comfy dress yesterday when it was really hot, but determined that after the last closet cleaning, I have absolutely zero dresses anymore. Maybe I'll have to fix that one of these days.

    I appreciate your comment on my blog entry regarding the color pink in the baby quilt I started. I wanted to email you back, but you're set to "no reply," so I came here! You said exactly what I was thinking about the amount of pink versus other colors. I hope, if it turns out like I hope, it'll get past the momma's anti-pink censors.

    ReplyDelete