Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket

I made some fabric baskets. Three of them, so far. Three more in progress.

loving the fabric baskets!
I took them outside, in the fast fading light to snap a photo or two of them.

artsy
I'm working on them as part of the Feather Your Nest sew-along. Contest. Thingy. Yeah. Nothing like being specific, is there. They inspired me to be creative, and also I will be sooo happy to use these baskets around the house. Raine will too, and I bet you can figure out that she likes cats and dinosaurs, right?

I've experimented with different innerfacing. Ive made some with handles, no handles, different handles. I've even gotten out my tub of trim and experimented with embellishment. All from my stash, I might add. There are still some in process. Here is a look at those:
green inside, flowers with piping outside















green feathers inside, dot outside,wide handles
flowers ouside, dots inside and eyelet

No comments:

Post a Comment