Sunday, March 27, 2011

A New Outfit


Today, Roxanne and I finished two pieces for her mom. The skirt is knit, I'm not sure where it's from, and the top is cotton. I had some ideas for some clothes a couple of years ago, and they never came together. The two fabrics look like they were made to go together, though, don't they.

The skirt is a pretty basic A-line, elastic waist skirt. The top was from a new pattern that both Roxanne and I wanted to try. We almost had to scrap it and start over. Yeah. Mistakes were made. Still, the finished product looks pretty nice. The top has a nice almost princess seaming and a little bit of a cap shoulder, both of which I like. It fits nicely, and has a zipper opening in the side seam. Not sure how much I would like that, but it is a rather fitted top. We added facing at the neck (instead of binding) and next time will probably do the same for the arm openings along the top.

I cut out a pair of shorts for Raine, and another shell top and short sleeved jacket for Roxanne's mom. We'll get those sewed up, plus another shirt for Carl next week, if all goes as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment