Thursday, March 25, 2010

Something about trees

Driving through west Texas today I was reminded again that I think trees look cool. There were quite a few that didn't have this year's leaves yet, and the branches with their twists and turns and interesting shapes just catch my interest. Sometimes is the light of the sun on the tops of the branches and sometimes its the dark wood. Sometimes its the way several trees close together can create one canopy, and sometimes - eventually - even one tree. And of course none of them are the same. I think that is a part of the interest. None of them are the same, and there is no such thing as a "mistake." It always seems that it is the leafless trees that are the most interesting as well. As soon as the leaves are on the tree, they make that big green blob. It is the intricacy of the branches that fascinates me.

I always think that there would be a market for pictures of these trees. I would definately make a collection of them. I think that it would be something you could do a decent job of with freestyle embroidery as well, once you got good at the embroidery.

2 comments:

  1. Lillian has taken to giving me various items with leaves on them. Over the past few years I've developed a real passion for leaves on things.

    So, um, if you took pictures of those trees, I'd sure like to see them! Please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't get to, mainly because it would have taken us pretty much forever if I had stopped to do that. One of these trips, though, will be for taking pictures of stuff like that. I want to, I really do.

    ReplyDelete