Monday, March 8, 2010

Creatlivity




This is my first post for this new blog, dedicated to crafting, learning more about and practicing various crafts, and sharing my experiences with other crafters. I hope to share their experiences as well, and generate - or become a part of - a crafting community.

I love crafting, whether it is knit, crochet, sewing, cross stitch, or beading. There are other crafts that I have not had as much experience with, yet, but it will come in time. I hope to share my process, my learning and my love of making things and in turn be shared with, as well. I don't pretend to be a grand master crafter, but I know I am on the curve of learning more all the time.

Recently, I've been working on my knitting skills, by making socks. The first pair I made was a tube sock, and they turned out well, for a learning activity. I can actually wear them, and everything, although - since they are wool - I don't wear them very often, here in New Mexico, even in the winter.

Currently, I began a pair of heeled socks. They are ostensibly, a size that my daughter can wear, although they, too, are a learning project. I've been using this book to help me with the pattern, and the thread is an acrylic. I'm working the toes, now, and soon will cast on the second of the pair.

The next pair, however, I would like to make with some really nice yarn, maybe a silk and bamboo blend. Something soft, and durable yet not too hot. I also don't want a yarn that has to have special care. I mean, they are socks, after all, they WILL need to be washed.

2 comments: