Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Social Distancing Part 40

 August 11, Tuesday

On the "school is starting" front, I went on campus today to get Canvas help. I think we got my current issue solved. I found classes with students, yay! On the other side, though, Canvas was rather unstable all day, thanks to some updates they were trying to make. I understand the need for updates, I really do, but it is very frustrating when you are really trying to USE the program so you can be ready on Thursday for your students! More to do tomorrow.

I did spend some time in my classroom. Got a desk in place to use, and a bookshelf moved back near the wall. I dug out some books and started the process of moving them back to the shelves. I also found "The Ocean at the End of the Lane" so now I can read that to my classes.

Speaking of school starting, Onate did a cool swag bag meet with incoming freshmen. Much like our senior sign deliveries, we picked a few freshmen and delivered their bags to them. We got them to sign a commitment to graduate as well. It was nice to get to meet them, and feel like there are real people at the other end of all those online classes this year. I hope they will feel that way too. I picked students from my homeroom class, and I enjoyed meeting them.

Commit to graduate!

I got two lovely thank you notes today. One for helping with the 9th grade curriculum. Thanks Jamie Baker. One was for a basket full of masks that I made for my friend's daughter. She loved them. I've got a few "on order" from my sister in law and one of my oldest friends, and some October themed masks to put together as well. I have a batch the really needs to get finished up and returned to Cruces Creatives as well. Somehow, my time is shorter than it was. 

July went by so fast. Time for chile roasting is here. Alberson's has their roaster set up, and boxes of chile to choose from.

looking forward to some roasted chile


I posted a lot of flower pictures in the spring and early summer. Today I'd like to include an interestingly gnarly mesquite "tree" that I saw this week. About as green as the desert gets.

beautiful blue skies and Organ Mountains in the background


No comments:

Post a Comment