Monday, January 18, 2016

Snowman Christmas Apron

So one of the crafting challenges I've set for my self this year (if not for the next few years) is to do some Christmas Crafting. It isn't just for December you know. Or even Christmas in July! This apron is for my Mother-in-law. It was supposed to be for Christmas 2015, but I got busy at the last moment helping my brother make 9 sock monkeys for his co-workers, and 7 pairs of sleep shorts for my cousin's grandson and grand-niece and -nephews. For a while there, I thought I might have the 12 days of Christmas in sewing projects.

I had picked out some cute fabrics earlier in the fall, and had been looking forward to playing with them, so was excited to finally get the ball rolling right before school started. With a little prep work done last weekend, like putting the pockets and constructing most of the bib, I got to work on Saturday and had everything done but the waistband. Well, and all the things (on an apron, that is pretty much everything) that attaches to the waistband.

I really enjoyed deciding how to piece everything, and I really like how the apron came together. I'm not a great model, though, with great model poses. Maybe I'll have to work on that. HA!

Spoiler alert, Linda!

Christmas apron just in time for 2016
I didn't want to actually tie the ties because I wanted them freshly ironed for gifting, but I'm very pleased with this apron, if not the picture. Hi trailer, how are you? Pay no mind to the trash cans behind me...

No comments:

Post a Comment