Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Wait, Wait, I AM Making Stuff...

Summer should be time for those creative pursuits that I don't have time or energy for during the school year. This summer I haven't felt like I've been taking advantage of that. I almost feel like I'm procrastinating doing any projects. Time to do the dishes, the laundry, the....

When I really thought about it today, I've actually been working on a variety of projects. Just not blasting my way through them. First, while I still haven't put hair on this doll
sorry, baldy...
I have been working my way through the instruction book and making other outfits and accessories.

I checked a book out of the library on doing peyote stitch with beads. It took me several tries to get it to even look this good
not very good at all, really.
The author made a point of saying how important it was to get beads that have uniform size, and she was right, but those were a little bigger than the seed beads I'm working with now. Since the peyote stitch is kind of an alternating bead pattern, I thought that using two different colors of beads would help me not double back on my work or stuff like that. I think it did help with that, too. Here is the piece I'm working on now, that I will happy making into a bracelet.
I like the varigations on purple beads in this.
Of course I had a couple of tops in the basket, waiting to be finished, and I got one done in time to wear it during a 3 day training we went to in Ruidoso. The other is still there, patiently waiting for its turn. Soon, I say. Soon. Other clothing on the horizon as well. I want to work on some knit pieces, and the tub with khaki solid & print was calling to me pretty strongly today.

In addition, I've been working on my quilt blocks. I had made a stack of blocks to sew together, and I've been working on them. Slowly, it seems. I don't want to rearrange the pieces by accident and change the block pattern. Then it is a lot of back and forth from the sewing machine to the ironing board. I miss my sewing buddy with this project because we have partnered up on this task in the past. Roxanne is recovering from weight loss surgery, and I hope she will be up for joining me SOON!
Still loving the blue/brown combination.
At least some of these projects will get their very own posts as I finish - or at least progress - with them, and think about my process, and what I learn with each project. Not procrastinating after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment