Saturday, April 25, 2015

Ore-post post

I've been working on another crocheted doll this week.

So serious about this cuteness of this doll AND her clothes and accessories! She is a good size for kids to play with, and fairly easy to dress (some of that will depend on the clothes, of course).

I made a variation of the pattern this time, using the basic idea that the author used for the socks/shoes/boots for the doll's feet. With fewer stitches so the socks/shoes/boots will still fit, but will be "filled" better. I have so many ideas for outfits, SO MANY!!

People are asking me if I'm going to sell the dolls. It WOULD be a good excuse to make every variation I can think of... but I generally find that selling handcrafts is a frustrating and disappointing  experience for me. I am not a marketer, and I think being one - or working with one - would be helpful. I also find people kinda want the doll for the price of the yarn (if that) and if I'm selling my time, I want to get PAID for my time.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of the new doll in the next couple of days. In the mean time, here's the first doll, with her new jumper...

cutie pie, even without her hair
I think I need to make a boy one, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment